Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers took home the 2020 NFL MVP award after throwing for 4,299 yards and a career-high 48 touchdowns. However, he doesn’t have the best odds to repeat as the league MVP in 2021.
According to BetOnline.ag, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and Buffalo Bills signal-caller Josh Allen have the best odds to be named MVP this season.
Here are the odds leaders. All of them are quarterbacks:
- Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs: +350
- Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills: +900
- Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams: +1400
- Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +1400
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers: +1600
- Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys: +1600
- Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers: +1600
- Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks: +1800
- Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens: +2000
- Cam Newton, New England Patriots: +2500
Mahomes won the MVP award in 2018 after throwing for more than 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns. He has consistently been in the MVP race over the last three seasons, so it’s no surprise he leads the way once again entering the 2021 campaign.
Allen, meanwhile, has never won an MVP award. However, he was in MVP contention last season after leading the Bills to a first-place finish in the AFC East. The 25-year-old threw for more than 4,500 yards and 37 touchdowns, setting Buffalo franchise records in the process.
Brady and Rodgers each have three MVP awards, while Jackson and Newton each have one. Stafford, Prescott, Herbert and Wilson have never been named MVP.