They say everything’s bigger in Texas. That includes the valuation of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys.
According to Forbes, the Cowboys remain the world’s most valuable sports franchise at $5.7 billion, an increase from $5.5 billion last year.
Dallas has topped Forbes’ annual list each year since 2016.
Major League Baseball’s New York Yankees came in second at $5.25 billion and the NBA’s New York Knicks ranked third at $5 billion.
In total, the NFL features 26 of the top-50 franchises on the list. The New England Patriots ($4.4 billion) and the New York Giants ($4.3 billion) join the Cowboys in the top 10.
The Golden State Warriors ($4.7 billion) and the Los Angeles Lakers ($4.6 billion) join the Knicks as the NBA’s most valuable franchises.
As for soccer, La Liga’s Barcelona ($4.76 billion) and Real Madrid ($4.75 billion) are the most valuable. Bundesliga’s Bayern Munich ($4.21 billion) rounds out the top-10.
10 most valuable sports teams:
- Dallas Cowboys – $5.7 billion
- New York Yankees – $5.25 billion
- New York Knicks – $5 billion
- Barcelona – $4.76 billion
- Real Madrid – $4.75 billion
- Golden State Warriors – $4.7 billion
- Los Angeles Lakers – $4.6 billion
- New England Patriots – $4.4 billion
- New York Giants – $4.3 billion
- Bayern Munich – $4.21 billion