- Category – Scotch whisky, Highland single malt
- Available – From this month
- Location – High-end retail and Global Travel Retail
- Price – See below
Whyte & Mackay has released three collections of The Dalmore single malt with expressions that date back as far as 70 years.
One of the collections, The Dalmore Decades No. 6, is a one-off set of six single malts from six decades to be sold at auction by Sotheby’s in Hong Kong. The other two collections – No. 5 and No. 4 – will go on sale in high-end retailers around the world and in GTR priced at GBP200,000 and GBP100,000, respectively.
“These collections are a true tribute to craftsmanship forged over the decades and offer a fantastic opportunity for collectors in search of a rare, never-to-be-seen-again piece of history,” Whyte & Mackay said.
The collections comprise:
- The Dalmore Decades No. 6 – Whiskies from 1951, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1995 and 2000. Each whisky was selected by The Dalmore master distiller Richard Paterson.
- The Dalmore Decades No. 5 – Fifteen sets will be available globally, featuring five whiskies from 1967 onwards, SRP GBP200,000 per set.
- The Dalmore Decades No. 4 – Twenty-five sets featuring four whiskies from 1979, with an SRP of GBP100,000 per set.
Retailers include Harrods (UK), Wally’s Wine & Spirits (US), Le Bon Marché (FR), CDFG Hainan, China Duty Free Group (Hainan), Ever Rich Duty Free (Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport), DutyZero (Hong Kong International Airport), Lotte (Changi Airport and Incheon International Airport) and DFS Macau.