Memorial Day Weekend is finally here and we can officially dive into summer. While it’s a great holiday for beer, chilled wines, hard seltzer and other ready-to-drink concoctions, it’s hard to resist an array of patriotic red, white or blue cocktails. Here are a few that appeal to the eye and the palate.
- 1 ½ oz. Ron Abuelo 7 años rum or other aged rum
- 6 Fresh raspberries
- ¾ oz. Honey syrup
- ¾ oz. Tamarind concentrate
- 1 oz. Fresh lime juice
Muddle the raspberries inside the shaker.
Add the rest of the ingredients and shake.
Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick, mint spring and fresh raspberries.
Cristóbal Srokowski, Ron Abuelo Global Brand Ambassador, created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Bacardi white rum or other white rum
- ¾ oz. Malibu or other coconut rum
- 1 ½ oz. Coconut cream
- ½ oz. Simple syrup
- ⅓ oz. Lime juice
- 10 Mint leaves
Muddle mint, lime juices and simple syrup in a highball glass.
Add in crushed ice, rums and coconut cream and shake until mixed.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
The mixologists at the Baros Maldives resort in the Republic of the Maldives, created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Patrón Silver tequila or other silver tequila
- 1 oz. Blue Curaçao
- ¾ oz. Lime juice
- 3 oz. Tropical Red Bull yellow
- 2 cups of ice
The mixologists at Patrón created this recipe.
Pom Apple Mule
- 1 ½ parts D’Ussé VSOP Cognac or other Cognac
- 1 part Apple juice
- ½ part Pom Wonderful pomegranate juice
- ½ part Lime juice
- 1 part Fever-Tree ginger beer
Add Cognac, apple, pomegranate and lime juices into a shaker with ice.
Shake and strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge and pomegranate seeds
The mixologists at D’Ussé created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Teremana Blanco tequila
- Large scoop of lemon sorbet
- Top with Champagne or sparkling wine
The mixologists at Teremana created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Bombay Sapphire gin or other premium gin
- 1 oz. Creme de Violette liqueur
- ½ oz. Lemon juice
- ½ oz. Ginger syrup
Combine ingredients in a shaker.
Shake well with ice and strain over fresh ice.
Garnish with 2 drops of rose water and 3 dried rosebuds.
The mixologists at Fork & Barrel restaurant in Louisville, KY, created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Nolet’s Silver gin
- 5-6 Muddled cherries plus more for garnish
- ½ oz. Lime juice
- 2 oz. Coconut water
- ¼ oz. Simple syrup optional
- Jalapeno slices and a dash of salt for garnish
Muddle cherries with lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
Add coconut water and simple syrup if using and shake with ice.
Pour over ice in a highball glass.
Garnish with a cherry, jalapeno and a dash of salt.
The mixologists at Nolet’s created this recipe.