Celebrity Updates

Prince Philip Being Treated for Infection in Hospital – E! Online

UPDATE: Buckingham Palace has given an update on Prince Philip‘s health. On Feb. 23, the Palace announced the Duke of Edinburgh is still at King Edward VII Hospital in London, where he is receiving medical attention for an infection. The Palace stated the 99-year-old royal is comfortable and is responding to treatment but that he is not expected to leave the hospital for several days.

He was first admitted to the hospital on Feb. 16 as a precautionary measure, the Palace said, after feeling unwell.

Prince Philip has been hospitalized in London.

According to a statement from Buckingham Palace, the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital on the evening of Tuesday, Feb. 16 after “feeling unwell.” However, the palace’s message notes that Philip’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of his doctor. He is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.

Shortly after the news was released, NBC News Royal Commentator Camilla Tominey tweeted that Philip’s condition is “not thought to be Covid related. He walked in unaided. Queen remains at Windsor Castle.”

Queen Elizabeth II‘s husband—who retired from royal duties in 2017was previously hospitalized in Dec. 2019 for “observation and treatment in relation to a pre-existing condition,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement at the time. Four days later, on Dec. 24, he was discharged ahead of the Christmas holiday and headed to Sandringham. As the palace shared, “His Royal Highness would like to thank everyone who sent their good wishes.”



 Source link

Back to top button