Liberty Mutual was founded in 1912 in Massachusetts as a workers’ compensation provider. Because Liberty Mutual is a mutual company, its policyholders are owners and are entitled to a share of its profits. Liberty Mutual offers several insurance options, such as auto, property, and life. Here we will discuss car insurance through Liberty Mutual, including monthly rates and discounts.
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Rates
Whether you’re in the market for basic level insurance or full coverage, your monthly rates will be high if you choose to go with Liberty Mutual. Full coverage rates are closer to the national average than Liberty Mutual’s minimum insurance policies, though they’re still some of the most expensive out there.
Car insurance rates will change depending on where you live. Liberty Mutual customers living in Louisiana pay the highest rates out of any other state at $430 each month. At the same time, the average cost of car insurance through Liberty Mutual was $121 per month in Maine.
Check out the monthly rates for Liberty Mutual car insurance by state per Insurify.
- Washington D.C.: $221
- Virginia: $193
- Minnesota: $151
- Georgia: $217
- Kansas: $252
- Nebraska: $171
- Wisconsin: $157
- Idaho: $129
- Alabama: $245
- Louisiana: $430
- Michigan: $371
- Connecticut: $244
- Utah: $197
- Missouri: $210
- Indiana: $161
- Pennsylvania: $168
- Florida: $307
- California: $135
- Colorado: $267
- New Mexico: $195
- West Virginia: $147
- South Carolina: $244
- Nevada: $372
- Massachusetts: $208
- Mississippi: $281
- New York: $401
- New Jersey: $252
- Texas: $283
- Iowa: $153
- Illinois: $178
- New Hampshire: $136
- Arkansas: $219
- Arizona: $206
- Tennessee: $185
- Vermont: $117
- Oklahoma: $224
- Maine: $121
- Maryland: $266
- Oregon: $184
- Ohio: $133
- Washington: $271
- Delaware: $287
- Kentucky: $231
- Rhode Island: $376
Liberty Mutual offers many easy ways to pay your bill, including:
- Automatic Payment
- Credit Card
- Mobile Apps
- Over the Phone
- Direct Deposit
- Debit Card
- U.S. Mail
- Online Payment
Liberty Mutual Discounts
Liberty Mutual has a variety of discounts offered to its policyholders. Here are some of the most common discounts you could take advantage of.
- Early shopper discount: Receive a quote before your policy ends for a small discount.
- Good student discount: Get good grades and lower your rates.
- Safety features discount: If your vehicle has advanced safety features, you may qualify for this discount.
- Good driving discounts: Stay clear of accidents, and you’ll see lower monthly premiums as a result.
- Multi-policy discounts: Bundle your homeowners, renters, or life insurance with your auto policy and you’ll pay less for both.
- Payment discounts: Agreeing to automatic payments will also decrease the amount you pay for auto insurance.
Liberty Mutual Coverage Options
According to NerdWallet, Liberty Mutual has great coverage options from basic coverages to specialty add on options, including:
- Lifetime Repair Guarantee: Using Liberty Mutual-approved auto shops will guarantee the lifetime of repairs done to your vehicle. No more wondering how long a fix will last.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage pays to repair or replace your vehicle if you collide with another vehicle or a static object such as a tree or fence.
- Better Car Replacement: With this option, you will receive a car one year newer and 15,000 fewer miles than your totaled vehicle covered under this policy.
- Roadside Assistance: Liberty Mutual’s roadside assistance is a 24-hour service that includes flat tire replacement, battery replacement and jump starts, refueling, locksmiths, and towing.
- Accident Forgiveness: Your monthly rates won’t go up after your first accident using this coverage. You must be accident-free for five years to be eligible for accident forgiveness.
- Original Parts Replacement: This coverage option pays for repairs using only original manufactured parts whenever available.
- Liability Coverage: This insurance type includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability. This policy pays for the cost of injuries or property damage when you are at fault for a traffic accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This insurance will cover your medical bills and property damage when the at-fault party does not have insurance, or their insurance is insufficient. Some states may require this coverage as a part of their state minimum car insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive insurance pays for damage to your vehicle caused by events outside of the driver’s control including, weather, theft, vandalism, or striking an animal. This coverage is typically subject to a deductible.
- GAP Insurance: GAP insurance will pay the difference between the value of your totaled vehicle and what you owe on your lease or loan.
- New Car Replacement: This coverage will reimburse the cost of a new vehicle equal to the value of your car when it was new rather than the depreciated value. Your car must be totaled within the first model year and have less than 15,000 miles to be eligible.
- Rental Car Reimbursement: If your car is being repaired for over 24 hours, this coverage will reimburse you for a rental vehicle.
- Deductible Fund: This option allows you to pay $30 a month into a fund to lower your deductible. Liberty Mutual will also contribute $70 to the fund each month.
- Medical Coverage: Liberty Mutual offers personal injury protection of MedPay in some states. These policies cover medical bills and other medically related costs such as loss of income, child care, and more.
Liberty Mutual offers coverage to several different vehicle types that aren’t your run-of-the-mill commuter vehicle, per Experian. Here are some of your options:
- All-terrain or off-road vehicles
- Classic or antique cars
- Boats and watercraft
Liberty Mutual is a full-service insurance company; this means they offer much more than just auto insurance, including:
- Renter’s insurance
- Animal or pet insurance
- Landlord insurance
- Condo insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Flood insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Accident insurance
- Mobile home insurance
- Tuition insurance
- Business insurance
- Identity theft insurance
This company has been in the business for over 100 years. Liberty Mutual comes with top-of-the-line customer satisfaction and decades of history in financial protection. Getting a quote from Liberty Mutual is simple, easy, instant, and free. Get your online quote today with Liberty Mutual.
Check this out if you need additional information, resources, or guidance on car insurance.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io