Buying car insurance in St. George, Utah, will cost you an average of $1552 yearly, according to industry data. In addition, some insurance companies, such as Liberty Mutual, might offer you a 12 percent discount on all required vehicle coverages when you get an online quote. Keep reading to discover how certain factors affect the cost of auto insurance in St. George.
Table of Contents
- Car Insurance: St. George Rates vs. State + National Averages
- St. George Auto Insurance Costs by Insurer
- St. George Auto Insurance Premiums by Driver Age
- St. George Car Insurance Premiums by Gender and Marital Status
- Average St. George Auto Insurance Rates After a Violation or Accident
- List of Insurance Companies in St. George
- Driving in St. George
- St. George Car Insurance: FAQ Section
Car Insurance: St. George Rates vs. State + National Averages
The average vehicle insurance policy in St. George costs $1552, reports Bankrate. That’s $366 cheaper than the average car insurance cost in Utah and $488 less expensive than the U.S. average.
St. George Auto Insurance Costs by Insurer
The car insurance companies in St. George provide quality coverage services to vehicle owners at varying prices. Kemper offers the most expensive car insurance policies. USAA’s car insurance services are the cheapest in St. George. However, they’re only available to military members, veterans, and their families.
Check out the average yearly car insurance premiums offered by insurance companies in St. George, according to Bankrate:
- Kemper: $2340
- MetLife: $1995
- American Family: $1676
- State Farm: $1648
- Allstate: $1421
- Auto-Owners: $1384
- Progressive: $1195
- Farmers: $1116
- GEICO: $971
- USAA: $839
St. George Auto Insurance Premiums by Driver Age
Young drivers in St. George pay the most expensive car premiums. Most vehicle insurers charge young people high insurance rates because of their lack of driving experience. Bankrate reports data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showing teenage drivers are more likely to cause accidents than people in other age groups.
Auto insurance companies in St. George offer the following annual rates to drivers of different ages:
- 16-year-old drivers: $2462
- 18-year-old drivers: $4532
- 20-year-old drivers: $3229
- 25-year-old drivers: $1651
- 30-year-old drivers: $1458
- 40-year-old drivers: $1389
- 50-year-old drivers: $1261
- 60-year-old drivers: $1225
- 70-year-old drivers: $1380
St. George Car Insurance Premiums by Gender and Marital Status
Married drivers in St. George pay lower car insurance rates than single policyholders. According to ValuePenguin, the average car insurance policy for married drivers is about $71 cheaper than auto insurance for single drivers.
Check out the average annual vehicle coverage rates for St. George drivers by marital status:
- Married: $2332
- Single: $2401
Average St. George Auto Insurance Rates After a Violation or Accident
Vehicle insurers in St. George take your driving record into account when charging you for their services. Your car insurance premium might be costly if you have several violations and accidents on your driving record.
Here are the annual percentage increase in premiums for St. George drivers with violations on their records:
- DUI: 111 percent
- Accident: 65 percent
- Speeding ticket: 36 percent
List of Insurance Companies in St. George
Insurance companies in St. George that offer affordable and reliable auto insurance services include Progressive, Liberty Mutual, Kemper, MetLife, American Family, Allstate, Progressive, GEICO, Farmers, USAA, and State Farm, according to Bankrate.
Driving in St. George
If you are new to St. George, you might be curious about the city’s attractions. Here are some scenic places to visit in St George, according to PlanetWare:
The Smithsonian Butte National Backcountry Byway
You’ll find the Smithsonian Butte National Backcountry Byway interesting if you drive through the route in the summer. The byway is located southwest of Zion National Park, on the road that cuts between Smithsonian Butte and Gooseberry Mesa.
The byway offers captivating views of historic edifices such as North Guardian Angel, West Temple, Virgin River Valley, and Zion National Park. Since the Smithsonian Butte Byway is unpaved, it’s best to avoid the route in winter and early spring.
Sandy Hollow State Park
Sandy Hollow State Park is one of the most famous parks in Utah. It boasts giant dunes and an orange-hued beach with crystal clear water. When standing in the center of the park, you’ll also get a view of snow-capped mountains.
With a breadth of about 20,000 acres, the park houses many recreational facilities on its grounds. Residents and tourists visit the park to relax and engage in activities such as hiking, mountain biking, sailing, boating, horseback riding, and camping.
St. George Temple
St. George Temple is a huge white building with a height of about 175 feet. Although only Mormons can access the temple’s interior, visitors can explore the visitor center on the building grounds. The temple’s surroundings are filled with rare trees and plants, especially during spring. Thanks to its shimmering white appearance, you can locate the St. George Temple from any part of the city.
St. George Car Insurance: FAQ Section
1. How can I save money on car insurance?
You can lower the amount you spend on auto insurance by:
- Changing insurance companies: If you believe your car insurance premium is too expensive and you’re confident you can find a better deal elsewhere, change your insurer.
- Take a defensive driving course: These courses teach you to avoid collisions with drunk drivers and drive safely in poor weather. Many auto insurance companies in St. George give discounts to people with defensive driving training because they have a lower risk of road accidents.
- Pay your premium upfront: Your insurance service provider might lower your car insurance premium if you pay it in full premium in advance.
- Improve your credit score: Drivers with high credit scores enjoy cheap auto insurance rates. If you improve your credit score, your insurance company might reduce your premium.
2. How much is car insurance in St. George per month?
The average car insurance policy in St. George costs $1552 yearly. That translates to about $129 monthly.
3. What type of car insurance do you need in Utah?
Utah car insurance law requires drivers to carry $25,000/$60,000 of bodily injury liability, a minimum of $3,000 of personal injury protection, and $15,000 in property damage coverage, according to ValuePenguin.
Check this out if you need additional information, resources, or guidance on car insurance.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io