Heritage ImagesGetty Images
If you’re in the market for new floor mats for your BMW X3, you have a lot of options, which can make the decision-making process somewhat confusing. That’s why we’ve created this guide to help you find the top floor mats for your vehicle. Having the right floor mats in your BMW X3 can make your drive even more enjoyable.
What Are BMW X3 Floor Mats?
BMW X3 floor mats are pieces of fabric, rubber, or a combination of materials that protect your BMW X3’s flooring. There are many advantages to equipping your BMW X3 with floor mats. These include:
- Protection – Floor mats protect your BMW X3’s flooring from all dirt and debris that your shoes pick up throughout the day. They also guard against food and beverage spills.
- Easy Clean-Up – If you don’t have floor mats in your BMW X3 and you spill your soda, it’s going to go everywhere, making a huge mess for you to clean up. However, if you have floor mats, they’ll trap spills and other messes. Then, all you have to do is take the mat out and clean it, instead of having to wipe down the entire floor.
- Appearance – Adding a new set of floor mats is a quick and easy way to refresh your BMW X3’s interior. They also keep your BMW X3’s flooring looking brand-new.
- Value – Buyers don’t want a vehicle, especially a luxury vehicle like the BMW X3, with sticky and stained floors. Floor mats will keep your BMW X3’s flooring pristine, adding to its value if you ever plan on selling it.
Types of Floor Mats for the BMW X3
When selecting floor mats for your BMW X3, you have several types to choose from. The top type for your BMW X3 is the one that meets your specific needs.
Fabric Floor Mats
Fabric floor mats are typically the most affordable option. They come in all sorts of colors and designs, making it easy to find a set of fabric floor mats that complement your BMW X3’s interior. If you purchase a set of fabric floor mats made with synthetic fibers, you’ll find that they’re very water-resistant. Many fabric floor mats feature a rubber backing so that they don’t slip when you’re driving. Fabric floor mats are easy to clean, but they tend to fade and deteriorate faster than other types of floor mats.
Rubber Floor Mats
If you’re looking for sturdier floor mats that you won’t have to replace as often, rubber floor mats are a great option. They usually come in black, so they’ll go with any interior color scheme. Some manufacturers offer customized rubber floor mats, so if you’re willing to spend the extra money, you can get a set with pretty much any design you want. The main advantages of rubber floor mats are that they’re stain-resistant and easy to clean. One downside is that some drivers don’t think that rubber mats feel as comfortable under their feet.
Nomad Floor Mats
Like rubber floor mats, nomad floor mats offer impressive durability but with more colors and designs to choose from. Their durability comes courtesy of heavy-gauge vinyl loops that form a curly surface, which is why nomad mats are also called curly mats. The surface gives nomad mats a distinctive appearance and they also do an excellent job of absorbing spills. The loops enable nomad mats to trap more debris than other types of mats. Many drivers prefer nomad mats over rubber mats because they aren’t as slippery and they provide more comfort.
3D Floor Mats
3D floor mats are a high-end option that is perfect for a luxury vehicle like the BMW X3. You can choose from all sorts of colors and designs or order a custom set of 3D floor mats. Thanks to the stylish and modern 3D design, 3D floor mats have deeper grooves that can trap even more dirt than other mats. High-tech anti-skid features give 3D floor mats a superior grip. Keep in mind that they aren’t as absorbent as other types of floor mats, and they require more cleaning. However, they’re extremely durable and will last for years.
How to Choose Floor Mats for Your BMW X3
Before you purchase a set of floor mats for your BMW X3, you’ll want to consider the following factors:
- Price – Decide how much money you want to spend on your floor mats. Setting a budget can help you narrow down your options.
- Material – Are style and design priorities when you’re shopping for floor mats? Then you probably want to go with fabric or 3D floor mats. If you want a set of mats that are “no fuss, no muss,” consider rubber or nomad floor mats. Think about how much time you want to spend cleaning your mats or replacing them when deciding what material you want.
- Thickness – The thicker your floor mats are, the more comfortable they’ll feel under your feet. Thicker mats are also better at absorbing and trapping messes. Thinner mats tend to crack and curl more than thick mats. One downside to thicker mats is that they may obstruct your BMW X3’s pedals, so be sure to choose a set of mats that isn’t too thick.
- Fit – To ensure that your new floor mats fit, select a set specifically designed for the BMW X3. Proper fit ensures that the floor mats provide maximum coverage and protection.
How to Replace/Install BMW X3 Floor Mats
Disclaimer: The guidelines in this story are general and not meant to replace instructions for your specific vehicle. Please consult your owner’s manual or repair guide before attempting repairs.
Clean Your BMW X3’s Floor
If you already have floor mats in your BMW X3, you’ll need to remove them. Then wipe down or vacuum the floor. A clean surface ensures that your new mats will lie flat and maintain a good grip.
Match Each Mat to Its Proper Location
Most manufacturers add a label to the back of each mat indicating where it should go. If your mats don’t come with labels, remember that the longer mats typically go in the front and the shorter mats go in the rear.
Place the Mats
Put the mats in their correct locations and smooth them out so they lay flat. Make sure that they’re not obstructing your BMW X3’s pedals and they’re not in the way when you adjust your seat.
Where to Buy Floor Mats for Your BMW X3
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io