Tom PenningtonGetty Images
Auto insurance Frisco, Texas, rates vary from provider to provider and depend on your driving record. If you are looking for cheap rates, you can reduce your insurance bill by improving your credit score, shopping around, and comparing quotes.
How Much is Auto Insurance Frisco, Texas?
The average rate of auto insurance in Frisco, Texas, is similar to the state’s average. The average cost to insure your vehicle in the city of Frisco is $1411 per year versus $1415 in the state. This is slightly cheaper than the national average rate of $1548. This is based on the minimum insurance requirements in Texas, which are:
- $30000 bodily injury liability per person
- $60000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25000 property damage liability
Some drivers may choose additional coverage based on their needs. For example, if you drive a vehicle with an auto loan, then your lender may require you to carry full coverage.
What Auto Laws are Unique to Texas?
It can be helpful to know what laws are unique to Texas before driving. All drivers are prohibited from texting and driving. Seatbelts are a requirement in Texas for all drivers and passengers and failing to buckle up can lead to a $250 fine. All new drivers applying for a driver’s license in Texas must take a distracted driving course in addition to the regular driving requirements.
There is also a distracted driving course available for drivers 35 years and older who want to refresh their knowledge. If you receive a ticket in Texas, this class may also be a requirement.
How Are Insurance Rates Calculated in Frisco?
Insurance rates in Frisco are based on a few factors, including:
- Marital status
- Vehicle make and model
- Driving record
- Credit score (in some states)
Frisco, Texas, is one of the top 300 most populated cities in the U.S, according to Cheap Car Insurance. It is also ranked 290/300 for the top cities with auto accident fatalities and 144/300 for the most car thefts. These factors lead to more people filing insurance claims, which can increase the rates for everyone. When calculating your specific rates, insurance companies will also consider other factors, like where you park. If you park your vehicle in a garage, you may receive a discount. If you don’t have a garage available, then you might invest in anti-theft equipment to reduce rates.
Teen drivers usually pay the highest rates in Frisco. The difference between a driver in their teens versus a driver in their 20s can be as much as $1822. Even your gender and marital status can affect how much you pay for insurance. Married drivers pay, on average, $91 less per year, than drivers who are single. Females usually receive minimally slightly better rates with an average of $1406 per year versus $1411 per year for male drivers. This is why it is important to compare rates between providers.
Auto Insurance Companies in Frisco, Texas
Frisco, Texas, drivers have a lot of auto insurance options, including:
- GEICO: Average annual rate of $1221
- USAA: Average annual rate of $1229
- State Farm: Average annual rate of $1302
- Allstate: Average annual rate of $2265
These rates are from The Zebra. Other available insurance companies that you may choose in the Frisco area include Ameriprise Financial, Amica, Esurance, Farmer’s Insurance, MetLife, and Travelers. The specific rates you receive will likely significantly vary between each of these providers. Request insurance quotes from a few of these providers and find out what they have to offer based on your characteristics.
Getting the Best Insurance Rates a Traffic Violation
If you’re in an accident or receive a traffic violation, you can usually expect higher insurance rates. A DUI and reckless driving charges are two factors that can significantly increase your insurance rates. According to ValuePenguin, drivers who have a DUI on their record pay, on average, $2224 per year. Drivers with a reckless driving charge pay, on average, $2207 per year.
How to Get the Best Insurance Rates in Frisco, Texas
Auto insurance is a requirement in Frisco, Texas. Fortunately, you can find ways to get better rates, including:
- Improve your credit score: If you improve your credit score from 300-579 to 800-850, it could save you as much as 61 percent on your auto insurance rates.
- Choose a vehicle that is cheaper to insure: Some vehicles are cheaper to insure. In Frisco, the best rates are usually with SUVs whereas rates for trucks and vans are usually higher. The age of your vehicle also matters. Newer cars are more expensive to replace, which means they are also more expensive to insure. Vehicles over 15 years can also expensive to insure.
- Adjust your coverage levels: While you must carry the minimum insurance required in Texas, you can then adjust your coverage. Policies that include comprehensive or collision will increase your insurance rates. Find a level of coverage that works for you at a price that fits within your budget.
- Shop around: It is important to keep in mind that insurance policies and rates vary from provider to provider. The best way to find affordable insurance rates is to compare the policies between them.
When comparing prices among providers, it is important to look at more than the price. While price is important, you should also compare the level of insurance coverage available with each policy. Insurance companies also charge a deductible for full coverage policies. This is an amount that you will have to pay before your insurance company will cover anything. Choose a deductible that you can afford.
Auto insurance Frisco, Texas, rates are comparable to the rest of the state, and the country. Before choosing an insurance policy, be sure to check coverage levels and compare prices to get the best rates.
Check this out if you need additional information, resources, or guidance on car insurance.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io