“So absolutely no concerns about that,” Ms Palaszczuk told reporters on Thursday.
Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said the boy was no risk to the community because he had been in home quarantine for his entire infectious period.
There are still 100 families linked to the Beenleigh cluster, which is now four cases including the boy, in home quarantine in the state.
Thursday 9 September – coronavirus cases in Queensland:
1 new locally acquired case, detected in home quarantine.
“So there is no risk here at all because of the work by those 100 families, and our contact tracers getting hold of them all and getting them quickly into quarantine,” she said.
Treasurer Cameron Dick urged people to keep coming forward to get vaccinated before there’s another outbreak in the state.
“So when delta comes knocking on your door, will you be ready, will you be prepared,” he said.
“And the single best way to be prepared is to roll up your sleeves to log on to make a booking and to get a vaccination.
“That’s the way you can keep yourself, your family, your community, and Queensland safe.”
Ms Palaszczuk also suggested border bubble travel arrangements will return for communities like Tweed Heads if NSW lifts its regional lockdown.
“It depends when they lift, if they lift any restrictions. We’ll wait and see what the big announcement is, but we’ll be working through those very quickly,” she said.
Queensland Health delivered 23,889 vaccine doses on Wednesday and 54.28 per cent of eligible Queenslanders have had one dose and 35.81 per cent are fully vaccinated.
The Townsville, Mackay and Rockhampton vaccine clinics will now start accepting walk-ins.