The announcement comes as the premier said Friday’s cases are in line with government modelling released earlier this week, which indicates a peak in infections “in the next week or so”.
The nine deaths reported in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday include a man in his 30s, a woman in her 40s, two people in their 50s, a man in his 60s and a man in his 70s who died in hospital.
A man his 60s and a man in his 70s died at home.
There are currently 1,156 patients admitted to hospital with 207 in intensive care, 89 of whom require ventilation.
The premier said 76.4 per cent of the state’s adult population has received one vaccine dose, while 43.6 per cent are fully vaccinated.
On Thursday the state government announced its path out of lockdown, with a raft of restrictions set to ease once 70 per cent of the state’s eligible population are fully vaccinated.
These will only be offered to those who have received both vaccine doses.
Ms Berejiklian said some “tweaks” have been made to the slight easing of outdoor recreation rules set to kick in from Monday.
Within the 12 local government areas (LGAs) of concern, people in a household who are fully vaccinated can gather for two hours for outdoor recreation, in addition to unlimited exercise.
For those who live outside the LGAs of concern, up to five fully vaccinated adults can engage in outdoor recreation, with children not including in that total.
More to come.
SBS is providing live translations of daily New South Wales and Victoria COVID-19 press conferences in various languages. Click here for more information.