An apartment complex in Melbourne’s northwest is in lockdown after a group of infectious removalists from NSW visited the site.
Ariele Apartments on Thomas Holmes Street in Maribyrnong was listed as a tier-one exposure site overnight, with anyone who was at the building from 1pm to 11.59pm on Thursday required to immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days.
Contact tracers say this includes anyone who accessed the residential foyer, stairwells, lift, residential floors and car park during that time period.
Anyone who entered the complex anytime from Friday to Monday must get also tested and isolate until they test negative for COVID-19.
The warnings exclude people who visited the commercial building on the ground floor of the complex.
Coles Craigieburn Central was also listed as a tier-one exposure site overnight, with anyone who attended the venue on Saturday from 5.28-6.38pm required to get tested and isolate for 14 days.
A number of other tier-two and tier-three exposure sites were also listed.
Three removalists, two of whom have tested positive, travelled from Sydney through Victoria to Adelaide last week .
The workers made a drop-off at a family home in Craigieburn and a pick-up at another in Maribyrnong on Thursday. Both families of four are isolating and have been tested.
The crew is believed to have immediately departed Melbourne and arrived in Adelaide in the early hours of Friday morning.
But Victoria’s COVID Commander Jeroen Weimar on Monday said authorities still did not have a complete picture of their movements within the state.
Two members of a family of four in the local government area of Hume have also tested positive after returning from NSW.
The cases will be included in Tuesday’s tally.
Mr Weimar said three of the four family members arrived on a flight from Sydney on 4 July carrying red zone permits, while the other drove in on Thursday.
They all tested negative shortly after arrival but two became symptomatic and were swabbed again on Sunday, with the results returning positive on Monday morning.
The flight has not been added as an exposure site as the three family members tested negative two days later, and all other passengers remain in isolation as fellow red zone returnees.
Mr Weimar said he was not surprised “flying embers” from the Sydney outbreak had broken containment lines after NSW reported 112 new local cases on Monday.